<VV> Air in a convertable, was: Convertible Driving

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Wed Feb 16 23:12:02 EST 2005

Probably a higher number than a straight ratio might suggest.  Converts were
more expensive to begin with and tended to be more fully optioned because
the convert buyer was probably seen as more willing to lay out the
additional money.  Converts tended to not appeal to the "frugal".  I have a
'66 Monza with factory air that is nicely optioned (power top, remote
mirror, etc.)

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: airvair [mailto:airvair@richnet.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:26 PM
To: henry kaczmarek
Cc: virtualvairs
Subject: <VV> Air in a convertable, was: Convertible Driving

That's a good question, but I don't think there's any way of accurately
knowing. Best guess would only be a mathmatical calculation, and would
probably be high. The highest % of production for air was in '67 with
5.12% of the run of 27,243 cars. Earlier years had more cars, but less
percent of the run. All I can say for sure is that I have one. :o)

-Mark C