<VV> RE: I'm pickin' up weird vibrations....

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 17 08:14:02 EST 2005

Hey...  Your ISP rejects me.  Is it me?  Just me?  You just MIGHT be missing
out on private responses and might wish to look at your settings.

Anyway... See add'l info below (in your text).  I already responded earlier.

Later, JR

----- Original Message -----
From: "Western Canada CORSA" <westerncanadacorsa@shaw.ca>
To: "Virtual Vairs (E-mail)" <virtualvairs@corvair.org>;
<corvairs@cybrus.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:50 PM
Subject: <VV> RE: I'm pickin' up weird vibrations....

> My first three guesses are:
>
> 1) u-joints (6yrs old),  ANS - Probably NOT.
>
> 2) clutch, which is also 6 yrs old and doesn't particularly have a ton on
> miles on it.  It doesn't chatter when accelerating from a stop, but could
> it
> be oil on the clutch?  ANS - Look at the weep hole in the bell housing.
> 90wt dripping?   Then a possibility.  Very minimal drip - like a drop per
> park - then probably not, but keep an eye on it.

> 3) crankshaft (please no!)  ANS - Let's not go there yet.

Right now, I'm thinking wheel balance (tire going bad?) or disintegrating
balancer (but not likely based on your info).  Either would be easy.  Let's
rule things out...  Take a look at the HB and be certain.

After that, bad plug... bad wire...

I don't want to say what is next on my mind, but it IS a 140.

I don't know anything about those fancy carbs you've got - so someone else
will have to speak to that.