Fwd: <VV> 1965 110hp Engine Disassemble

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 10:56:57 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/22/2005 8:40:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rizakoyt at yahoo.com writes:

> 1.  Removal of the oil pickup.  I removed the bolt and
> holder, but it just wond budge.  I am afraid that I
> might damage something if I try to force it out.

Whenever I have had to remove the pickup pipe I have had good luck using a
plumbers strap-type pipe wrench.  It's a two step process.  You need to "worry"
it loose first. then twist and pull it out. Having the case on end (with the
end protected by padding and wood blocks) will also allow you to tap the pickup
up lightly with a rubber mallet, or block of wood.  If you concentrate on
just getting it to move by twisting with the pipe wrench it should come loose.
Be prepared to add so liquid wrench or WD40 as it loosens.  DON'T use heat.

Bob Hall