<VV> 1965 110hp Engine Disassemble

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 12:01:22 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/22/05 6:40:13 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
rizakoyt at yahoo.com writes:

> I am stuck at.
> 1.  Removal of the oil pickup.  I removed the bolt and
> holder, but it just wond budge.  I am afraid that I
> might damage something if I try to force it out.

I'd recommend that you do not remove the oil pickup unless you intend to
replace it. It needs to be very tightly installed to prevent air from being sucked
up with the oil. Just leave the pickup where it is.

To remove the flywheel, improvise a strap from the edge of the FW over to the
bellhousing to hold the FW from turning, while you remove the bolts holding
it on.
Regards,
Bob Helt