<VV> wiring harness

hammond, andrew amhammond at co.ha.md.us
Tue Feb 22 20:11:03 EST 2005

I know the 65 vans are rare beasts, but does anyone on the list have one
with the original wires?  I am interested in how different the wiring
harnesses were.  I just recieved two out of three harnesses from one of our
wonderful vendors, and it is beautiful, but very different from the 63
harness it is replacing.
    Some of the differences are the voltage regulator is set up for the far
right hand side of the engine bay as opposed to the left side on the 63.  Of
course there is the alternator thing too.  The 65 harness also has a
junction block near the main body harness that the 63 does not have.  Are
these changes correct for the 65?  I know the answers are probably in the
manual and I will be purchacing a 65 manual soon.  I only have the 61 and 63
manuals at this time :(
    Both major vendors seem to be out of stock on the 65 dash harness.  Does
anyone know if the connections and wires are the same for the 61-63, or 64
dash harnesses.  They have different part #, what is the difference and will
they work?

P.S. thanks to all who have replied to my previous questions on wiring.
Andy Hammond
Chickwich at comcast.net <mailto:Chickwich at comcast.net>