<VV> Headlight-Bucket Sealant?

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Tue Feb 22 21:03:11 EST 2005

I've had to remove the headlight buckets on my 1966, and when replacing
them, I want to use a sealant as much like the original as possible (it held
up well for 38 years). The Tech Guide includes a report of use of "silicone
rubber," which I would think would work, but the original appeared to be a
type of foam, and I wouldn't know how to find a silicone rubber that was
foamy.
     Would anyone have a specific product recommendation for something to
resemble the original item as much as possible?
     If anyone has NEGATIVE experience with any particular sealant, I'd be
interested in hearing about that, too.
     Of course, I want my buckets to remain (as) removable as they were
originally (not very, but enough for emergencies like no trunk keys).

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C