<VV> Engine lid latches

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Feb 24 09:52:36 EST 2005

Hi again, Les!

Regardless of assembly location, the factory cad plated the handle
assembly, while they painted the catch (behind the license plate)
bracket in body color. Often the cad plating wears away with age, which
has left many of today's restorers guessing. And finding someone to do
cad plating is a major hassle. I once scoured Hemmings and found one
plater, as I had to have an underhood light plated. I've been into
Corvairs since before they were dropped, so have had many "beaters" over
the years. Am a CORSA concours judge, too.

A good alternative is to paint the handle assembly argent (think Corsa
cove silver).

-Mark C