Measure Voltage Drop Re: <VV> HPT!!

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 17:36:10 EST 2005

John and Les,
    Granted there is a voltage drop across any fuse or circuit breaker.
Question is, how significant is it?  Measure the voltage drop across the
fuse/breaker with all the devices operating - headlights/radio/A/C/heater etc. on.  If
it's only a few tenths of a volt difference between one side of the
fuse/breaker and the other, as I suspect, and your alternator is putting out 14.2 volts
as it should, then you're not losing a significant part of the voltage.  If
that's true, I would keep the fuse/breaker installed.
    Frank "measure before deciding" Burkhard

In a message dated 2/23/05 5:23:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,