<VV> Re: Rocker Panels

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sat Feb 26 08:16:38 EST 2005

I have a 65 Corsa which started sagging. It is definitely more than just the
rocker panels needed for this one. Rust has gone into the door pillars and
the stress points between the rockers and unibody are bad, not to mention
the pinch weld from the rocker to the floor pan. My car is definitely not
worth fixing. Be sure to look very carefully at yours. It very well may be
just the outer skin which has gone bad, I had one side of my 65 Monza do
that as the front lower dog leg and rocker panel on the passenger side were
filled with pine needles and dirt.
Has the edges of the doors started to rub on the rest of the body?
If so, there may well be more issues.

Gary Swiatowy