<VV> Out driving today...

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 23:46:34 EST 2005

Hey guys and gals,
I got a little stir crazy today and decided to go see my Mom... both of my
daughters were out of town with the church group, and Cheryl had to do inventory
at work, and since I'm off work until March 7th I figured I'd start up the 64
sedan and take her out for a spin. The 64 is a bone-stock 700 sedan, aqua
inside and out... you could almost say she's the "not so pretty cousin" of Bill
Hubble's "Alice"... I hadn't driven her in about 3 weeks, so I got her started,
warmed her up, and took off down the road... the generator light had a faint
glow at 55 mph and it would get brighter as I went on...  once I hit the
expressway and I wound her out to 75 the light was VERY BRIGHT, then at 80 it went
out... I thought "Great, I've blown the bulb"... nope, all was well when I
started her to leave Mom's place... what would cause it to not glow at 50, but
glow bright at 75? It showed putting out current (ie: no light) at sppeds from 1
to 50, and when I had it stopped and in neutral and I revved it up the light
didn't glow...
It has the stock generator, is a 95hp engine and 3.27 diff with powerglide. I
had no accessories on at any time (radio, lights, heater, or wipers)...
What would cause this? Sticking regulator? Brushes floating? It just has me
curious.... she didn't leave me stranded anywhere, thank goodness, but it is
bugging me.
It was good to see Mom... she's just 45 miles down the road, but for the last
3 weeks I've not been in the area to stop by her place. Now that I'm back in
a cast (the fibula stress fracture ended up snapping through, so I'm off work
and back in a cast for who knows how long) it is a bit harder to get around...
I'm sick of this right leg, so maybe one of you guys might be on the lookout
for a replacement.... only requirement is that its no more than 2 inches
shorter than the original, and the foot attached is no larger than the size 16 that
I have now....
If anyone can come up with some ideas it would be great.
Thanks a bunch!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier w/69 engine, diff & pg
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg with wacky idiot lights.