<VV> A few Milestones

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Sun Feb 27 01:23:43 EST 2005

Hi all,

A couple of milestones in the great re-assembly of 2005 - my long-neglected
66 180 Convertible.

As of today I get everything forward of the doors re-assembled and working
with the exception of the hood lock (on order).

Just for fun I re-installed a 1966 Quebec front plate (it was a Montreal car
when it was first born).

I also got all of the rear lights working.

And although I am being EXTREMELY careful, I already have a few tiny marks
in the otherwise pristine white paint job. How I'm going to keep it clean I
have no idea!

And wonder of wonders I started the engine for the first time in at least 5
years. It must have about 20 minutes in total after it's rebuild in the late
90's.

A little clattery but it did run! Two oil leaks so far. Sigh....one thing at
a time.

Off on business travel for a week and then I start the interior.

Expect many more questions...

Bob