<VV> Weired problem #1301

Vairdad at aol.com Vairdad at aol.com
Sun Feb 27 13:23:41 EST 2005

Yesterday drove 64 convertible to 7 11 to get cup coffee, came home parked
, drank coffee, piddled around about 2 hrs, was going to see friend, 64
would not start. ran great before parking. 1st checked gas ok. 2nd checked  points
ok. 3rd fire coming from coil to points, fire going to plugs. So I am at  end
of rope what to check next. had new set of points put in still no start.
Tired by now, came in house showered, fixed a cheap steak, drank some cheap
wine, went to bed. This morning went to advance auto (sorry Hank only place  open)
 bought coil, condenser, and rotar button. Changed coil no start,  changed
rotor button and condenser, started runs great. Wish I had put in one at  a
time, but I think  the condenser was bad. Some day I am going to  write a book
About all the weired corvair happenings.
Going to cruise for awhile
Garland