<VV> Board of Directors Job Discription - thanks

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Mon Feb 28 20:07:58 EST 2005

Folks, where there are 2 or more humans interacting there will be
"politics". Anyone running for director has to understand that the board
does the political work of Corsa - essentially so the rest of the
membership doesn't have to think about it - they can think about
Corvairs instead.

Anyone who gets on the board with the goal of "Getting everything fixed"
or "straightening everything out" understands very little about human
interaction, consensus building or human nature and will get a rude
surprise. Like Marge Simpson said "I've learned that one personal can
make a difference - but probably shouldn't". In other words the vision
of only one person is just that, and unless she/he are brilliant  then
one opinion is always one opinion.

For Corsa's sake (and the sake of the person applying) any applicant
should understand human nature and realize that change will be slow and
reasonable people do differ. If you fit that description then by all
means apply. It's an honor to direct this organization - and th people
who put in thier time on the board deserve our support and respect. It's
a chance to do something very positive. Lon

PORTLAND IN JULY!!   www.corsaoregon.com