<VV> RE: VV 1st Car & girls

Frog Princezz media_diva@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 13:05:16 -0800 (PST)

My first car was a 1971 Ford LTD, it was a rust bucket.  This thing blow out blue smoke when you started it so it was named "The Batmobile", the doors had to be lifted to close properly, the muffler was held up by a coat hanger, my Grandpa put in a new trunk and the bright light floor button was pushed out so you could see the road going under the car.  I'd pack in 8 of my teammates after track practice sometimes a few more, teenagers can be real inventive to keep from walking home. ; )  My mommy bought it brand new in '71, I remember the dealer delivering the car to the house.  The motor ran like a dream but the body was crap by the time I got it, Fords rust horribly.  Yeah I did get in an accident (minor fender-bender) within my first year of having my license.  SO like very one says that is something to consider.
The first car I bought myself was a brand new Toyota Corolla manual transmission and I barely knew how to drive a stick... I knew the concept behind driving one but my actual driving experience was maybe three times ever.  I personally choose a manual trans because most people I knew didn't have a clue as to how to drive one so NOBODY would ever ask to borrow my car.  Pretty smart for a 18 year old girl. One advantage of owning a stick.

If you're in the Detroit area there's a Packard for sale here... pure steel!  Sounds like a good first car to me if for nothing more than cabin safety.  If she ever got in an accident she'd be safe but I pitty the fool that got hit. ; }