<VV> RE: VV 1st Car & girls

Ken Campbell deltainc@grm.net
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:00:20 -0600

Rule of thumb:  teens wreck their first 3 or 4 cars, so buy her a '85 Ford
Pickup with big big bridgeplank front bumper, standard shift, rusty bucket
sheet metal ( ie a midwest salt magnet truck, we got a million of them ...
$400 if they run great ) , and tell her to learn to drive a stick shift; she
won't need perfume to be attractive to the correct type of boys (g).  If
money is no object, install a roll cage, with a couple tubes right down the
middle of the seats ... she only needs one or 2 good friends anyway, not a
Kegger's worth.... ( been there ....   )

you won't need to pay the high comprehensive for the disposable rust bucket,
just liability.

I might mention that pickups have no "sudden impulse" back seat ......

ken campbell, iowa, my 2 kids wrecked 4 cars before they were 18, ... been
there ....