<VV> buying your kid a car...

Ryan Verthein chevyd51@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 06:26:15 -0800 (PST)

>>>I don't know your daughter, or how responsible she
is, but if a child
has no
investment in a car, they will certainly not take care
of
it............Just
my opinion.........your results may vary<<<<

Well, the station wagon that I drive was bought by my
father, and he still pays the ins.  I take very good
care of it because I know that if  I don't, I'll be
the one paying for everything.(actually, I pay for
anything that goes wrong with it, I pay for anything
maintenence...)

I KNOW that sooner or later, I'm going to have to get
it together and pay for that stuff myself.  but right
now, financially, that just happens to be how we do
things.

Maybe it's just my family, but we have all taken very
good care of our cars, and no one but me has bought
their car(I've had 4 other cars that I bought, one of
which was from my dad...boy did I love that car) and
we still take good care of them.

Like you said, results may vary.  I'm sure there's
plenty of kids out there who don't take care of the
cars they drive that their parents bought...I don't
know anyone like that myself...but sure.

just thought I'd chime in since I'm in that group.

and just to add, I Am actualy looking at other
vehicles.  whatever I buy next will have my name on
it, I'm sure.  My Corvair does.

Ryan

=====
..Yes I wish I could turn back the hands of time, and keep on lovin you..yes baby I could go back and do the things I forgot to do...-Fabulous Thunderbirds darn good tune!