<VV> Tires for a 63 Spyder

CorvairEd@aol.com CorvairEd@aol.com
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:14:55 EST

bmooers@farniente.com writes:

I am  looking for replacement tires for my 63 Spyder. I would like to have
a  radial with a 1" whitewall. What size tire will look best - and close to
stock for this car? Does anyone recommend a certain brand that has a good
look and value? Thanks - Bruce

Bruce,
Good luck finding a 1" whitewall on a 13" tire.  About a year ago I  searched
all of the local tire shops and the web and the best I could find was  1/2"
whitewalls.  You can order them custom made but the cost is  prohibitive.  A
word of advise, if you do find them, buy five.

Ed Corson  (CORSA Member)
IECC