<VV> Tires for a 63 Spyder

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:46:55 -0700

I have really nice Firestones on my 62 Spyder with correct whitewall and a
bit wider.  They don't make them anymore :-(  I hear that California
Corvairs has a supplier of custom made radials that can be had in that
size.  Jeff at CA Corvairs knows the size.  These tires are great if you
want a 100% stock diameter and 100% stock look but a wider tread
pattern.  Otherwise, you need to compromise on something (whitewall size is
one of them as well as diameter).  You can see pictures of these tires from
links below.

At 12:14 PM 1/4/2005, CorvairEd@aol.com wrote:
>bmooers@farniente.com writes:
>
>I am  looking for replacement tires for my 63 Spyder. I would like to have
>a  radial with a 1" whitewall. What size tire will look best - and close to
>stock for this car? Does anyone recommend a certain brand that has a good
>look and value? Thanks - Bruce
>

>Bruce,
>Good luck finding a 1" whitewall on a 13" tire.  About a year ago I  searched
>all of the local tire shops and the web and the best I could find was  1/2"
>whitewalls.  You can order them custom made but the cost is  prohibitive.  A
>word of advise, if you do find them, buy five.
>
>Ed Corson  (CORSA Member)
>IECC

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html