<VV> 5th Degree(-5th degree)

Nadrhtr@aol.com Nadrhtr@aol.com
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:38:53 EST

In a message dated 1/3/2005 10:55:52 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
westerncanadacorsa@shaw.ca writes:

currently Costco is following these standards to the letter.   Probably
driven by law suits from people insisting on having tires that are  way too
big or to small  be installed on their cars and then sueing  when they have
problems

I took my Camrey to a out of state( AZ to CA) Costco to have the  Michelin
tires 'rotated'. Suddenly the whole Corporate execs went in a huddle.  Then the
manager said they couldn't rotate the tires BECAUSE THEY WERE THE WrONG
TIRES) Instead they gave me new tires at NO charge, despite the fact I had about
20 or 30 K miles on them. As I recall these were about $120 tires. I didn't
argue. I think they are remembering the Firestone story with the Fords. Ted in
AZ