<VV> Costco tires

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:38:45 EST

I started hand mounting my own tires about 20 years ago.  Two levers and a
$45 bead breaker from HF is all it took.  It's really simple. I got the idea
when I was in Mexico and a 10 year-old boy took the 31x10.50-15 tire off my dune
buggy with hand tools. Eventually I got a bubble balancer; which works pretty
well if you are taught the right technique. Much later I got a spin balancer
and a touchless rim-clamp tire changer. The $1k I have invested in that used
equipment has paid back many many times.  Tires show up from Tire Rack, go on
the wheels, and that's that.  It was pretty much the same back when I did it
with hand tools.
Craig (D-I-Y) Knuckle