<VV> RE: OBDII (was 5th degree over new tires)

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:03:57 -0600

Ahh the "Check Engine" light.  On my truck it only comes on after I notice a
problem, like last week I noticed that the engine had shut down then the
idiot light comes on.  Just this morning the truck ingested some water
(flash flooding everywhere) when I hit the two inches of water on the
roadway at a fairly good clip, the engine started sputtering and then the
check engine light comes on.

Only good for someone who is a passenger in the drivers seat.  IMHO.

My truck does not have the OBDII.

Keith Hammett

PS>  Does anybody know where and what a SPOUT connector looks like on a '92
ranger.  I need to set the timing after putting in a new distributor.