<VV> Heater control cable question... Help!

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:28:38 -0700

I don't think it is stuck -- it moves freely enough.  It feels more like it
is broken.  I am pretty sure from the symptom it is the center cable ...
and I don't know where it attaches ... Help!

At 03:51 PM 1/4/2005, goofyroo@excite.com wrote:

> trying to get lubricant/solvent to drain into the sheath from the high
> end. And they take time. CLOCK time, not necessarily actual WORK time.
>
>Years ago I had a "cable oiler" from J.C. Whitney that was a marvel of
>simplicity.  It was a large syringe ending in an open tube.  The tube's
>end had a slit piece of hose, about like fuel-line hose, stuck in it.  The
>hose-piece ID was such that a motorcycle cable (or heater cable, in the
>Corvair's case) could be pushed into it and the tube tightened around it
>via a hose clamp.
>
>I'd fill the syringe with oil, insert the plunger, and apply
>pressure.  Gradually -- though much faster than any drip method -- the oil
>would flow down into the cable casing, eventually dripping out the other
>end.  Cable oiled.
>
>Wish I could find one that simple and effective today.  I tried a
>motorcycle shop, and the Whitney catalog, to no avail.
>
>Michael Smith
>Dallas

>Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html