<VV> Getting what you want (very little Corvair)

Mike Ioanes mioanes@woh.rr.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:18:50 -0500

> A few of the part guys know me and just don't bother to ask me any
> questions. I find that a little knowledge, courtesy, humor and patience
can get  me
> just about anything I need from "behind the counter." Having the
experience  of
> worked the other side back when they didn't have computers doesn't  hurt.
>
> Ned
By now, maybe most of you know I work in the parts dept. of a truck
dealership.  I get the same stuff, have some good customers who don't have
any Macks, Volvos or medium duty GMCs but manage to buy a lot of parts from
me.  I get people bringing me exhaust pipes, heater motors, wiper motors,
etc to match up.  One night I sold two customers exhaust pipes that they put
on Internationals-one thought I-H's was too much, the other one didn't care
what it cost but they didn't have it, couldn't get it.  Being willing to try
a little harder, look in the catalog goes a long way.
Mike Ioanes