<VV> MSD with a mind of it's own!

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:05:43 EST

In a message dated 1/5/2005 8:48:09 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
flash@vicspdi.com writes:

Both  cars have one "bug" from the MSD -- every once in a blue moon the car
will  not turn off.  I turn the ignition off and it keeps on running.  I
have read about this problem on all sorts of cars with MSD.  Usually  I just
stall the car to kill it.  I have experimented ... if I just  drive it then
try again it also goes off.  The charge light comes on  indicating it is
running from battery.  Anyone with a clue as to what  this is and how to
fix?  It is not important enough to be a big  issue, it has happened 3 times
in a year (1 on Spyder, 2 on Sedan) and I  drive the Sedan almost daily.

I recall the MSD book speaking to this problem. They give you a Diode to  put
in your regulator wire somewhere to prevent the "backwash" of current. This
will let the engine die when the ignition is de-powered. I'll check my MSD
tech  guide this evening. It may depend on whether or not the engine is charging
at  the exact moment of turn-off. - Seth