<VV> Re: <VV>Summit stamped SBC Roller Rockers in Corvairs

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 00:28:41 EST

In a message dated 1/6/05 3:16:01 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LonzoVair@aol.com writes:

> I've been looking at Summit's stamped 1.5:1 SBC roller rockers (Summit Part
> # SUM-141506, pic attached) and I'm wondering if anyone has tried to use
> these on a Corvair. It looks to me that, since they use the standard rocker
> ball,

Tom Schrum of Phoenix has been using these for several years on his Corvair
powered Devin with complete success. But they MUST be modified and the thing
nobody has mentioned is the addition of the oil hole in the rocker to allow oil
from the spit hole in the pushrod to get to the rocker ball. That's a tough
one because the rockers are rock hard and to make that oil hole requires a
diamond drill or an EDM machine ASAIK.
Regards,
Bob Helt