<VV> VirtualVairs post requires approval

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau@earthlink.net
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:44:16 -0600

As one of the administrators, I just looked to see how many people we allow
a message to be addressed to before it is kicked out for too many.  It
doesn't look to be configurable, so it must be a Mailman default.

It's bigger than four of five but less than the one person on the to line
and the 21 CC recipients of the message Matt was talking about.  At least a
couple of the CCs were lists.  The VVs were a CCd lists.

VV-help who administer this list, don't have a lot of rules on what to do
with posts after they are kicked to the administration site.  We all pretty
much discard the spam which is 90% of the mail kicked to admins.  I always
reject and tell the person why when I get a message with 20 recipients, my
reasoning, is do all those to people want there email address going
to >1000 people?  I also reject all messages above 8K in size, they are
almost always messages which include a whole digest while replying to an
individual message within the digest, I'll ask them to trim the message to
just the relevant message.  I will usually put through messages which are
on topic, but come from a non-list member, I'm not sure how the rest of the
admins handle those.

VV-help probably handles about 15 messages/day and there are 3 or 4 of us
who take care of it.

Dennis