<VV> Reply ALL??--NO CORVAIR

Dave Morris BigD@DaveMorris.com
Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:32:28 -0600

So what you're saying is that 50% of the replies are seen only by the
original sender of the question, and the group does not benefit from those
answers?

My solution to reducing traffic volume has always been to encourage a
reduction in the amount of off-topic posts.  (Nearly) everybody already
knows about bank scams, viruses, and subscribes to joke boards, patriotic
discussion groups, etc. etc..  Hopefully a message board dedicated to
discussions of Corvair topics would not require a person to wade through a
lot of non-Corvair related conversations. (Like this one! LOL!)  A review
of standard netiquette by everyone would help.

Most of the discussion groups I moderate are in the 350 to 550 member
range.  I also belong to some larger groups that I do not moderate.

Dave Morris