<VV> Conventional, Synthetic Blend, Full Synthetic

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Sat, 08 Jan 2005 13:26:56 -0700

All three of my cars use Mobil 1 15-50 Synthetic.  I like Mobil because it
is easy to get anywhere and I like the wide range (it is 15 degrees here in
the winter and 105 in the summer).  My Spyder had 6,000 on a rebuilt engine
when I started.  My Wagon was newly rebuilt and I used it from day one
including as the break-in oil.  My Sedan is the original unopened 1962
engine with 33,000 miles when I changed it over.  The Spyder has gone
11,000 miles, the Wagon 1,000, the Sedan 10,000 miles.

In no case did any of them leak (any more than they did when I started :-)
)No problems.  I swear by the stuff (all my non-Corvair cars and trucks as
well as all my tractors use the same oil including 1958 John Deere tractor
I use heavily).  The other stuff does not leak either.

It is well worth it!  In theory you can extend your oil changes, I do not
as the dollar difference is not large on a Corvair!  Instead, I am sure I
am extending my engine life ...

At 10:16 AM 1/7/2005, Vukas, Robert wrote:
>What do any of you know about introducing synthetic blend oils or full
>synthetic oil to our collector cars? The rumor mill would tell one that
>through the years an old car would have its' seals cleaned out and leak
>in a big way if synthetic oil was introduced to the system. The false
>seals would give way to big trouble. Now, my car friends are telling me
>that if one continues with the process that eventually the engine would
>seal up again,in time,with the continued use of  synthetic oil.
>
>My question is this: Is it worth using synthetic blend or full synthetic
>oil in our collector cars for the added protection?
>
>Bob Vukas
>Jostens
>4000 SE Adams St.,Topeka,KS 66609
>phone:1-800-262-9725,ext.5260
>fax: 785-266-9267,attention: Bob
>technical support: 1-800-328-2435
>email: robert.vukas@jostens.com
>www.yearbookave.com <http://www.yearbookave.com/>

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html