<VV> Locked Up Engine

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:34:46 EST

In a message dated 1/9/05 6:51:56 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
kobramax@insightbb.com writes:

> My questions are: what is wrong with the
> engine and what can I do to unlock it?

Gosh Ken,
We're not clairvoyant. The engine is locked up because something is stopping
it from turning. You must find out what that is. Have you tried to rotate the
crank? Will it turn at all in either direction? If it will go, maybe 180
drgrees each way and then stop, it probably is a dropped valve seat. If the crank
won't move at all in either direction, you probably have rings rusted into the
cylinders. If not either of these, maybe something else has broken and lodged
in the way of the crank or cam. It's hard to say. You will just have to take
things apart to find out.

In any case you are most likely going to have to take the engine apart to fix
whatever is wrong, so you might as well just get started doing so and look
for the cause of the problem as you go along. You might get started by removing
all of the valve rockers and see if that makes any difference.
Goog Luck.
Regards,
Bob Helt