<VV> Let the Buyer Beware - Final Chapter

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:38:08 EST

In a message dated 1/9/2005 3:24:33 PM Central Standard Time,
kaczmarek@charter.net writes:

parts  counterman you are much more likely to go the extra mile for
your regular  customer, than the guy that only comes to you because you know:

(especially at NAPA)

That his regular junk parts dealer (Advance or  Autozone) doesn't stock it,

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Just how much do I have to spend to get that special treatment?

Let's say that I'm a regular customer of you competition. This may be  due to
their location or because their prices are lower or some other  reason. They
don't have the item I need and I have to get it from your company.  You now
have the opportunity to impress me sufficiently to get my future  business. If I
don't get treated well, why should I give you my business?

When I worked at a parts counter, long long ago and far away, it was  the
store policy that the customer was right, even when they were wrong. I saw  parts
returned or exchanged, knowing full well that they didn't come from our
store. The object of this policy was for the customer to leave the store with a
positive attitude and would therefore be more likely to return to spend more
money. The only time this policy was overridden is when safety was involved
(turning drums past the max dia.).