<VV> oil filter (non technical) (oppinion)

Crawford Rose crawfordrose@msn.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:05:29 -0600

This filter thing is sort of ridiculous.  Clark is reproducing them and Wix is
still making them.  I frequently see filters for under $10.  There is no
reason to place a premium on a PF-4 unless one finds that it is "prettier"
than the plain jane Wix/Napa or one of the "NOS" multi-colored ones. On the
one hand, I think if you must pay more than $10 then that is your choice but
the filters are out there for less.  On the other hand, Lon wrote in one post
that he never changes the filter on his cars so it may be that filters are a
one-time expense for some of us.
C.A. Rose