<VV> Re 1960 battery

pat deghuee pdeg@operamail.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:15:49 +0100

For my 1960 I went to my local FLAPS and bought a group 51R.  This is an everyday Civic battery that fits just fine and provides the required hood clearence.  Be sure that the terminals are on the correct sides and that the positive post will clear the hood. If not, use a group 51.( I use one in my '60 and the other in my '64 and don't remember which is which)  You probably don't want a battery with high CCA because theese batteries also like to be charged at a much higher rate then your poor generator ever thought of putting out.

Subject: <VV> battery

>>Ok guys have spent some time on the phone and internet >>today trying to find
>>the correct battery for my 60. Here's what i found: east >>coast vendor-2-3
>>weeks, west coast vendor- not at all, local Interstate >>jobber- not
>>made anymore,
>>state Interstate jobber- not made anymore, local >>batteries plus place-can get
>>but very low cranking amps and a little to wide, my >>battery electrical guy-
>>can't find at all. Another battery place that had them >>all the time
>>found a series
>>53 100 miles away and wants a shipping charge besides >>the cost of the
>>battery, (almost $80.00),
    Sooooo what's my next option?
     Ed in fla