<VV> Oil changes again (no Corvair)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:41:55 -0800

At 02:52 hours 01/11/2005 -0500, John Kepler wrote:
>You gota love the C-119C, B-50, C-124,
>> C-97, B-36.

...pulling props on a couple of these was a moot point because the engines
sat on wings too high to reach.

>Don't forget the Navy's F2G!

Now, word has it that two healthy guys could pull the prop on a corncob PW
and did, on that silver & blue Goodyear Corsair that used to hanger at
Chino before it busted its engine and crashed during a race recently.

I think it was the last flying/airworthy original corncob engine'd Corsair.
  Bummer.
I did pull on the prop on that one while it was parked in a hanger, not
easy but it turned.

I also pulled props on the B-17 Memphis Belle, the *real* Belle that flew
with the 324th Sqdn 91st BG 8th AAF out of Bassingbourne, not to ready the
engines for starting (it's engines are never started) but to position the
props for a more aesthetic photo op during its restoration.    Frankly I
was surprised the engines weren't stuck from sitting for so long without
being run.

tony..