<VV> 2005 PORTLAND

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:42:31 -0800

We've just had a delightful weekend hosting President Sarah, Larry
Claypool and Harry Jensen from the National office. With minor
exceptions it looks like all the ducks are in a row and it's full speed
ahead.  We know some of you are agonizing  about coming to Portland this
July. Let me assure you that this will be one for the books and those
who miss it will miss a high point in Corsa conventions.

Our committee is first rate - We invite you to check out the tours. Some
are a little higher in cost than you might be used to - that is, until
you check out the total package, which in most cases, includes all
transportation and first class dining. No second-rate monkey business
here. Take the opportunity to visit Mt. Helens, the fantastic Columbia
gorge, the unparralelled Oregon coast (less than 2 hours away), the
Cascade mountains (and Mt. Hood) and our own coast range rain forest.
Visit the Japanese gardens, the Portland Zoo - head out to McMinnville
and see Howard Hugh's  Spruce goose - visit a sawmill even......Walter
Carter and I are going to roll logs out on the Columbia........go snipe
hunting with Gary Baldwin or go on a slug-hunt with Barb Sizemore.....oh
yeah and remember there's no sales tax in Oregon.

Did I forget to mention the usual Corvair International convention
stuff? Done with a Northwest touch of course - autocross, racing at PIR,
swap meet, indoor vendors, the Northwest Corvair College, rally,
econorun, banquet, racing "Team Rampside", welcome party etc etc in no
particular order mentioned.

Be a part of Corvair history - don't miss the 2005 CORSA International
convention in Portland Oregon  July 26-30th. For years you've been
asking "When?" - This will be the first and the only!

Our website is www.corsaoregon.com  (Click on Duane's rampside) for
hotel information and details as we get them posted. Host hotel is The
DoubleTree Jantzen beach 503-283-4466. Make sure to mention the Corvair
event.

Lon Wall
Publicity Chair