<VV> Flying to Portland

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:24:35 -0800

At 04:56 hours 01/11/2005 -0800, vairologist@juno.com wrote:
>> > Me, I'm pondering plane tickets for this summer...  it's a long
>> damned drive from here to Portland
>--------------------snip-------------
>> > tony..
>
>--------------------snip------------
>Smitty says:  Not when you are driving a Corvair.  Five or six days of
>pure driving pleasure.  Just dial in the cruise, set the AC and kick back
>and watch the country go by.

I don't have any Vairs with AC...   and could you imagine what this sort of
trip would be like with this radical female moose child in the back who
would be crawling the headliner after the first day's driving?

Have you seen my kid...?   She's grown.  Terrorist larva.

For that matter, we could leave the terrorist larva with grandma...  which
would suit the both of them just fine.   Humm...

>        BTW tony, what do you suggest I do with the Group 53 I won at a
>Vair Fair?

You got one too?    Hope yours was better than the one we got... ;)

>Still have the bag of acid that came with it.  What would

That's a good sign.   Your battery is likely gonna last a bit longer than
the one here did.

Ebay would likely net you a pretty nifty price for it, especially if it's a
Delco...  they seem to go for some serious money on Ebay anymore.    The
one we got at Ft Monroe which froze the following year wasn't a Delco...

>that be?  6-8 years ago?  Or more?

If you wait a bit longer, advertise it in the late spring on Ebay when the
show cars are coming out in full force, that battery might fund your trip
to Portland... :)

tony..