<VV> Convention disappointment!

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:55:25 EST

Alan,

I haven't checked on a potential flight itinerary but sometimes you can play
serious games with the airlines' systems.  Here's an idea.  There is nothing
that says that you need to stay in Vegas (or wherever) and be tempted to the
tables.  I believe that the possible cheapo flights just assume that you will be
staying there if you come into and depart from the Vegas airport with some
time in between.  If you schedule into Vegas in mid AM and schedule a round trip
to the convention leaving early PM and getting back in time for your
departure back to the UK from Vegas, it might work out for you and others.  If memory
serves me, a round trip within the US will cost much less than they charge for
the same round trip as part of an international flight.  You need to book
them separately.  The only issue might be headwind to the US from the UK making
you miss the first connection.  You need to schedule enough time in between to
cover this as well as the time through customs.  Obviously, this assumes that
Vegas is the cheapest flight.  You might also check the same scam from an
airport in NY or elsewhere.  Obviously, your jetlag is an issue whatever you do.

Just some thoughts.

Doc