<VV> Oil changes again (no Corvair)

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:59:12 EST

In a message dated 1/11/2005 12:51:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tonyu@roava.net writes:
I think it was the last flying/airworthy original corncob engine'd Corsair.
  Bummer.
I did pull on the prop on that one while it was parked in a hanger, not
easy but it turned.

 No, it was a modified F4U-1D. I have the Air Classic that shows all the work
they did on it.
 One of the originals is now at the Seattle Museum of Flight (the ex Champlan
plane from AZ.), the Navy has one in Pensacola and one is said to be in a
bone yard in Ohio. That one is said to be all there but in parts and ower will
not sell.
rich