<VV> Re:Holley 390 hesitation on 140

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:13:30 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2005 7:58:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
danderson@qcsd.org writes:

 <VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1613 - 12 msgs??????????

> Have any of you used the Holley 390 on a 140? I have one that seems to work
> pretty well except for some hesitation at initial throttle application
> trying to accelerate out of a turn. The engine is not broken in as of yet so I do
> not know if there may yet be other issues. The carb has the side pivot floats
> and I was wondering if the carb will tend to lean out on turns. I do not
> have the original carbs or linkage or anything, so I really do not want to
> change back. The engine is modifed to some degree. I have not changed jets and do
> not know which ones are installed. Any thoughts?  Thank you.
>                                   Mitch Anderson

Hesitation when accelerating....not Jetting......accelerator pump ADJUSTMENT!
    Just like was just reported on Rochesters   MORE!!

ps    please remember to change the SUBJECT  line EVERY time you
reply....from DIGEST

Hope this helps

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V