<VV> weber carbs

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:13:23 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2005 7:22:57 PM Pacific Standard Time, people  write:

The IDTs are three barrels, if I recall. There is also an IDA 3C, which  is
another flavor of three barrel.
:
You had best re-check your sources.  Late time I looked at the  Weber 40 IDAs
on my Corvair they were three barrels  each.

Okay - Weber makes (made) a series of carbs called the IDA. There are  36IDA,
40IDA 48IDA, evan a 58IDA and robably othes. Those were 2-barrel  downdraft
carbs.  Weber also designed a  pair of Three  barrel versions for some Alfa
Romeo V6 in the late 50's. Many parts are  similar to the 2-barrel versions. They
were called the 40 IDA3C and  40IDA3C1 (Left and right - the throttle linkage
differs). Porsche adapted them  to the new 911 motor in about 1963 or so.
They also used Solex 3-barrels and  Zenith 3-barrels over the years. Like most
manufacturers, Porsche made some  changes on the carbs, reflected in other model
names like 40IDT3C  and 40IDS3C. The pre-Fuel Injection Racing Porsche flat
six cylinders  used larger three barrels - Those were 46IDA3C and 3C1. Several
racers have used  those in non-SCCA  competition on Corvair/Stingers.
Wink-Wink,  Nudge-Nudge!

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer@aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette