<VV> Re: Holley

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 07:51:40 EST

This could be something as simple as having the wrong spring in the secondary
vacuum canister. Many find that Holley's weakest spring (the white one) is
the best selection as it allows the secondaries to be activated soonest. It
could also be a squirter nozzle issue, so check to make sure you have at least a
#28. I doubt that it is a metering jet issue as most of these came with
.052-.053" primary main jets, which are okay for the application. Finally check the
fuel level using the sight plugs on the fuel bowls.
Hope this helps,
Grant
<Have any of you used the Holley 390 on a 140? I have one that seems to work
pretty well except for some hesitation at initial throttle application trying
to accelerate out of a turn. The engine is not broken in as of yet so I do not
know if there may yet be other issues.>