<VV> Re: <VV-TALK!!!!!!>Turbos

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:43:51 EST

In a message dated 1/16/2005 9:30:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, tkalp@cox.net
writes:

> BTW I do believe Matt is wrong. A wastgate is on the exhaust side to keep
> the turbo from overboosting . . . the pop-off valve is on the intake side
> (blow-thru only)it's job is to keep the turbo spinning during shifts on a manual
> transmission car.  I am sure there are others on the list that can give a
> better explanation.
>
> Terry Kalp

OK!!!  NOW  I'm WRONG  even if I never posted to THIS list?????  GGGG   You
Crossposter!!! ggg  You even have virtualvairs TWICE  in the list of addys!!
GGG

A wastgate can be used for either reason....boost limiting  AND  turbo
overspeed....

A Blowoff  can be used on a Blowthru too.....most commonly on
sandcars....engine out in the open...

PS   back top VV-talk...this is a GENERIC  discussion....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V