<VV> Paypal Rip-Off

Taruffi57@aol.com Taruffi57@aol.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:14:16 EST

Here is a true story:    My wife went to a sales seminar  where she was told
to order their books via a website.  When she did this,  some hacker got into
that website acct., got her Paypal acct. info and used her  info to empty her
personal bank acct.  Approx. $2,000.
After much wrangling and angst, she was able to get Paypal to restore the
money to her bank acct.  I have also learned not to use my debit Visa card  for
Internet purchases.  I now use a Visa or Amex. credit card.   Obviously, the
debit card allows access to one's bank acct.

Joe D.
Florida