<VV> Firewalls and Virus Checkers (No Corvair)

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:20:18 -0600

Norton is the worst for causing problems with legimate programs, hence tech
support's dislike of it.  The best virus defense is to practice safe
computing.  For example, NEVER click on an attachment unless you know who
sent it, why they sent it, and what it is.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan and Clare Wesson [mailto:alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 4:18 PM
To: Dave Keillor; Virtual Vairs
Subject: Re: <VV> Firewalls and Virus Checkers (No Corvair)

I have AVG on our other computer, but it has allowed it to get two viruses,
and so I tend to trust Norton, which has never (yet) let me down more.

How do they find Norton troublesome. The only beef I have with it is that
its customer service SUCKS! It is so hard to contact them, or to get them to

contact me, that I have always ended up giving up and solving the problem
myself (which is what they want, I suppose!).

Cheers

Alan