<VV> Paypal Rip-Off

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:58:40 -0000

> GE me put a PIN on the account preventing any changes without my written
> permission.  I hide leave a 'throw away'  in each of my cars with a low
> limit, so I can not get stuck with no gas $$$.

This is funny! We pay $6 a gallon, and I keep around $20 in coins in a
little box in the car.

Why, you might be wondering - at our prices $20 wouldn't buy me much gas
(although it would buy you a tankful, it would only buy me 2-3 gallons).

The reason, of course, is PARKING CHARGES. We now typically have to pay
$10-15 a day for parking, and most of the parking lots have pre-pay cash
machines (they don't take credit cards or give change), so if you arrive to
park with no change - you can't.

So it costs us as much to park as it costs you to fill the tank with gas.
And that's in a little, rural town - in London it costs $10 just to drive
into the city, and then $40 to park for the day (yes, you read that right!).

Just one of the many less pleasant aspects of motoring in England...

Cheers

Alan