<VV> Re: Corvair Model

Gary Swiatowy mopar@jbcs2.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:42:07 -0500

Johnny Lightning is the name of a toy manufacturer. Originally the name
Johnny Lightning was used by a company back in the 60's which created a line
of 1/64 diecast cars to compete against Hot Wheels cars. The name was
re-vitalized "10 years ago" to cash in on the name and create again a line
of diecast cars to compete against matchbox. Johnny Lightning came out with
much more realistic versions of popular Muscle Cars which became highly
sought after by those of us desiring miniature replicas of the real thing.
They also have done several of the not so popular cars which have sold
pretty decent as well.
Most recently I have read that the company has been sold to RC Racing
Champions.

I have not seen any Light up ones.

The Red version is the fourth variation on the 54 Corvair "Corvette" they
have released.

Gary Swiatowy
collects toys