<VV> Early Dash Harness Sources

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:18:28 -0500

Michael

Sometimes, one has to bite the bullet.

Of course we Corvair owners are, well to be nice, thrifty. But lets face it,
the absolute newest used EM harness is 41 years old. Buying a used one is
tossing good money after old goods.

If you go hunting harnesses for Hot rods, etc I think you would find that
what the Vendors want for a new harness isn't as shocking as it seems at
first glance.

Remember that the electronics market is the home of the  keystone
markup--100% from manufacturer to wholesaler, 100% to the retailer from the
wholesaler, and another 100% to the consumer.

Figuring in the small number of harnesses in the Corvair niche, and the
number necessary to be ordered to get them made,  and there it is.

I find it distasteful to have to spend 300.00 or more on a harness, but if
it was a Corvette harness, or a Porsche harness, most Corvair guys would
faint dead away.

Considering the troubles, problems, and safety hazards that a 41-45 year old
dash harness might cause,  take a hard swallow and break out the checkbook.

Just my Opinon; yours, and your mileage, may vary

HANK