<VV> Some Random thoughts

Ryan Verthein chevyd51@yahoo.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:03:26 -0800 (PST)

I was reading an Overton's cat. today, and it got me
to thinking...if we can use vair engines in all these
different cars, and take flight with them as well,
howcome we can't put it in a boat?

I mean heck, you wouldn't even have to change much- I
would think maybe cooling would be a factor,
especially using it at high r's in a closed situation
such as a boat..  I don't think you would have to
change much to make that work.  I would think mounting
would be fairly easy too.  and just think of the
horsepower possibilities!  Imagine having a
turbocharged corv-boat!

haha, just a thought :-)

also...I see there's a lot of discussion about wiring
harnesses.  I have an NOS wiring harness for my Corsa
that's been coiled up in the factory bag since 1970.
if I straighten that out are you telling me that all
of the insulation will crack off?  It seemed not too
bad after I had tried to straighten it a bit-didn't
hear anything cracking either-just the sound of the
covering moving after that many years.

I know there's more.  I started to write this e-mail
with a mission of getting all these random thoughts
out there now....

ah...there's those thoughts.

I'm calling a guy on a turbo engine that he has for
sale-after much consideration I was helped to realize
it would be really expensive to rebuild mine-
especially not having ANY of the top end turbo parts,
and it being completely frozen.  So question is...What
would you think a turbo might be worth by itself?
just rough estimate.  The guys were telling me chances
are it may have been rebuilt...but maybe not.  So a
ballpark figure there would be MUCH appreciated.

last random thought from the peanut gallery here in
northern MN today..

I've been considering all sorts of rim options for my
corsa...I've narrowed it down to the one I've decided
I want, but I had given some thought to having two
different kinds of rims on it....are there any online
companies that sell solid disc aluminum rims
(a rim that's all flat disc in the middle with rivets
holding it on the actual rim part)  just
wondering...I'm trying all sorts of ideas in my head.

Thanks for reading this far GGG
Ryan in MN
'65 Corsa 2dr Spt. Cpe.

=====
..Yes I wish I could turn back the hands of time, and keep on lovin you..yes baby I could go back and do the things I forgot to do...-Fabulous Thunderbirds darn good tune!