<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1641 - 11 msgs

kenfran@comcast.net kenfran@comcast.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:18:43 -0600

Arkansas has a very good deal on Antique plates, which have a one-time $20
fee and NO expiration. Only limits are that the car should only be driven to
car events and "occaisional other use." I put about 1000 miles a year on my
'66 Monza, without going to CORSA conventions, and that would add up to a
lot more miles. And that is not abusing the "occaisional other use" quota at
all.
Ken Franson
Arkansas Corvair Club, CORSA
1966 Monza 4-door auto
1965 Corsa, almost ready for jackstands

> From: "Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com>
> To: "Russ Moorhouse" <corvair65@verizon.net>,
>   <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
> Subject: Re: <VV> MD residents only - Senate Bill 13
>
> I'm not _certain_... and I only heard a little bit about it.... but what I
heard was that "Antique" plates were going to offered as a more restrictive
option to "Historic"...with lower fees but more restrictions, but leaving
"Historic" unchanged...at least for now.  As far as I can tell SEMA has not
been involed.

> If I had to guess... I'd guess that Maryland sees "Historic" as overly
generous (especially in regards to exempting the Safety Inspection) and may
be carving out this new category of older cars for future changes to the
Historic rules... oh to be back in Wisconsin... the most car-friendly state
I've ever lived in....