<VV> School me on Swing Axles

Dennis Nichols dixiehwy25@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:09:11 -0800 (PST)

Well, this leads me to womder how well the rollbarless '60's and "61 do in handling in stock form, or with different springs/shocks.

(looking to keep the Lakewood original, at least in appearance...)

Levair@aol.com wrote:
<< > Use large enough anti roll bars that the car body doesn't roll.
> No roll, no tuck.
Thanks,
****To be more specific.
I have a hot rodded , restored 63 Spyder street (date) car. I have
installed a late model front anti roll bar and a 1 ": (with long arms) rear bar. I
also have the Clark's HD springs cut one coil for 1 deg. of neg camber.
I have tested it in autocrosses and it does not tuck the rear wheel. The
ride is soft enough to take my wife out to dinner .

"Every time a man gets in his car it should be a vacation"- Harley Earl

Dennis Nichols    CORSA, CKC

1961 Lakewood 700 98/3

Interested in wagons? lakewood700@yahoo.com