<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1650 - 11 msgs

Taruffi57@aol.com Taruffi57@aol.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:32:35 EST

In a message dated 1/21/2005 12:22:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:  Mercedes vs Lancia build quality  (No Corvair)

Finally,  as your email address is Taruffi57, surely you know of your
namesake's  connections with the company

Your point is well taken, Alan.  Although there are few European  sportscar
and Formula 1 addicts more rabid than myself -- AND there are numerous  Lancia
books sitting 8 ft. away from me on the shelf, one does not get the full
picture of quality levels from reading those  books.  I covet late  '50's and
early '60's Lancia V6 Zagatos and would happily donate certain parts  of my body
for a 1953 D24.  I could also retire well off from the sale of  same - and yes,
I'm aware of Taruffi's 1953 Targa win and his work with  Lancia.  Maybe I
will intensify my previously leisurely search for the  right Lancia.

Right now I am zeroed in on completing a "big grin" LM Corvair sportscar --
with an Italian flare......

Joe D.
Cen. Florida (in the low '70's here today)